This distance learning introductory course will cover the following:-
- What is counselling, the history of counselling, the language of counselling.
- The initial consultation, boundaries and ethics, hat makes a good counsellor.
- Running sessions, dealing with difficult clients, transference, counselling theories.
- Common presenting conditions, general approach, self awareness .
- Grief and bereavement, counselling the bereaved, depression vs grief, theories of grief and it’s management.Stress, distress and anxiety, causes, symptoms and treatment, depression, turning from negative to positive, self development.
A Level 4 Counselling Certificate Course will be added in early 2020